5/31/17 Job Posting - Operations Assistant
ABOUT BERRETT-KOEHLER PUBLISHERS
Berrett-Koehler Publishers is an independent publisher in Oakland, celebrating our 25th anniversary. We are dedicated to an ambitious mission: Connecting People and Ideas to Create a World That Works for All. Through our innovative publications in business, current affairs, and personal growth, we strive to challenge conventional thinking, introduce new ideas, and foster positive change on individual, organizational, and societal levels. We offer a work environment that is participative, flexible, and creative.
Berrett-Koehler has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Berrett-Koehler Publishers is seeking a highly motivated accounts receivable/accounts payable specialist to join our team. This position will work in collaboration with our Accounting Manager and other BK staff to ensure that timely payments are made and received. We are looking for individuals that are detail oriented. Candidates should be excellent communicators and possess adequate customer service skills when dealing with collections from vendors.
▪ Contact past due accounts via phone/email and provide information about invoices, adjustments, maintain accounting ledgers as required
▪ Constantly monitor and maintain AR aging, resolve discrepancies, and submit claims
▪ Receive and post daily deposits
▪ Occasionally enter orders, credit memos, and make adjustments;
▪ Monitor inventory account to ensure all entries post to GL account at month close
▪ Reconcile bank accounts and credit card GL account
▪ Interact with and provide service to internal/external customers via phone and email
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Excellent ability to follow-up and take initiative, while paying close attention to detail
▪ Familiarity with accounting software programs
▪ Experience with customer service and relationship management a plus
▪ Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
▪ Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
▪ Salary $41,735.40
▪ Health, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401K match, ESOP, EAP
To be considered, please send a resume and a detailed cover letter that includes why you are interested in the position, relevant qualifications and experience, and anything else you think we should know. Please send all materials to:
Ginger Winters, Associate Director of Human Resources (www.bkconnection.com)
Put in subject line: Operations Assistant